Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY: Easy Bar-Stool Makeover


I just finished these cute bar-stools for our kitchen and LOVE them!! They were super easy to refinish so I thought I would just share it with you real quick :)
Here is what they looked like before; I got them at a yard sale for super cheap!

I took off the metal bar (it just unscrews) and spray painted the legs. I placed the bar-stools
upside down when I painted them so I didn't have to worry about taping off the seat.


This is the paint I used. Its from Lowe's and I only needed 1 can! It is called "Tropical Oasis" 
 After the paint was dry I turned the bar-stools right side up, lightly distressed the legs, put the metal bar back on, then quickly stained the top :) ..this is the stain I used:

 Once the stain was dry, I brought the bar-stools inside to work on wrapping them with twine.
I did this to have a fun textured look and to get a little bit more of the "natural" look. I just used my hot glue gun, and some of this twine that I bought at Walmart:

....I've gotten a lot of use out of it! ;)

You'll want to sit on some nice padded carpet..maybe even turn a show on because it does
take a little bit of time :). Its pretty basic though, I wrapped the twine around the outer sides of the seat, 
hot gluing it as I went.....and just keep going around and around until you've wrapped it all! 



And your done!!!!!!!!!!! Easy Right? :)







3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love the color and jute rope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really nice to read article written on this blog. I would also like to add few techniques with best of my knowledge which can help reader more and more. Lamp Pipe Floor Lamp 4-fixture Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. Modern Bar Stools Melbourne

    ReplyDelete