Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our Home Tour: Living Room Reveal with Wainscoting

Over the past few months we have made a lot of changes to our family room! It first started when we got a new sectional from IKEA--Chad was so embarrassed of my last "vintage" couch :) And with a new couch comes a new arrangement of course! We had fun rearranging the furniture and the feel of the room a bit. Knowing me, we will probably move it back at some point; I like switching it up! :) Then I got a gorgeous new rug (from RugsUSA) that I LOVE! A new coffee table, and side tables came up and just recently we finished some wainscoting! AND I LOVE IT ALL SO MUCH! :) ...I am excited to share it all with you today :)

Here is the "before" picture of our living Room:


and the After!! :


It feels like a completely different room! The blue paint is a little brighter that we expected..some days I like it, other days I don't. So we haven't decided if we are going to keep it. What do you think? :) Here are some more pictures! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wainscoting :)
Tutorial to come!

Picture frame tutorial

Lamps are thrift-ed, I painted them. Lamp shades are from Target.


I love being able to hide our TV! 

This fun old window is the perfect way to display pictures of us when we were little, as well as some of our parents and grandparents! 

and this ladder makes displaying our blankets so fun!



Coffee table I refinished


This side table was another fun project! Tutorial HERE



Bella is displaying my stenciled curtains :) You can see the Tutorial HERE 



Well, what do you think? I love all the changes we have made and I hope you do to! 





6 comments:

  1. It looks great! Found you from Facebook yard sale :) You have a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makeover looks great!
    I have one small suggest and I hope you're not offended - I would put 2 frames - the 1 large and 1 small - in each larger blue upper wainscoting area, instead of putting the 2 larger ones in the center. I hope that makes sense. I think that'll look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete