Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Dream Kitchen Part 2: Planked Walls

I love love LOVE how our Dining room planked walls turned out!!!!!! And I am so excited to finally put some pictures up! :)


This is a fairly easy 1 day project that cost us about $60 for the wood; this includes the trim pieces we used on the corners as well as the paint-able plywood we used for the planks. You will need an air compressor and nail gun to make this easy and fast! Shelley from House of Smiths has an amazing tutorial you can read about HERE. We followed the same steps as they did so I will just refer you over there for the complete tutorial! :)


We have received so many compliments on this wall! I love how it added so much design to our dining space! We left it the same white as the rest of the walls, it makes the space feels larger, and brings attention without being overbearing. ....Plus I just love how white walls can make a home feel so bright and clean.  :) 






Once again, we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! ...and I got some fun new curtains out of it too!  ;) 


7 comments:

  1. It looks great, Sara! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks gorgeous! My husband and I followed H of S tutorial too, but decided to use it on an old ceiling in our basement. You can check it out here: http://keephomesimple.blogspot.com/2013/02/basement-family-room-part-iii.html

    I love how cheap it was to do and the result is fabulous!

    p.s. I adore your new curtains too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love them! The wall is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dream kitchen is simply divine! I love how simple it is and the elements are so overwhelming! I learned a lot from your tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
    - jasonwatts

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post.. thanks for this article. like your this post of your dream kitchen
    Kitchen cabinets in nj

    ReplyDelete