Friday, August 24, 2012

Our Home Tour: Family Room


The family Room is the only room in our house that I feel is somewhat "finished". I still have a few projects I want to do for it but they are small. So I figured its about time I show it off a bit! :)



One of my future projects: This lamp needs some lovin' and updating. We have
also discovered how NOT sturdy this little end table is...Lucy enjoys knocking it over :) So I need
to replace it soon....

I Love, love, LOVE these curtains from IKEA. $25 for a PAIR!!! Future project:
I want to add some stripes to these curtains
 Chad made me this curtain rod! I love windows and I didn't want to break up our view by hanging individual curtain rods 
over each window. But as you might expect, its not easy finding a curtain rod over 15 feet long! :)
We found this easy and cheap tutorial HERE, total cost under $20!



 This DIY ladder was another simple Chad project :) I stained it with a simple 
vinegar stain to help it look worn. 



Window as vintage Picture gallery. There are pictures of Chad and I as babies, 
his Mom and family, and Chads G.Ma as a baby. I need to get pictures of my parents 
when they were young to fill in the empty panes.

Its coming together! I still have a little more work to do and I will update as I finish!



2 comments:

  1. I love how you are using the ladder to hang up blankets and such. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the blanket ladder! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete